No products in the cart!
Please make your choice.View all catalog
Essentials can be viewed as a slimmed down version of Google’s Google Workspace. It includes Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Meet, Sites, Forms and Keep. It does not host your email and it is not your users’ calendar system. Essentials does not include Google Drawings, My Maps or Jamboard.
Let’s say your business is using Microsoft Office 365 or Zoho as your primary email & calendar platform. Your email addresses such as email@example.com are hosted with one of those services.
There are a number reasons you may want to subscribe to Google Workspace Essentials in addition to your current provider.
1. You want the collaborative capabilities of Google’s office products (Docs, Sheets, Slides) within your organization. Google is very strong on the collaboration front.
2. You work with other business and with subcontractors that are using Google Workspace. If someone from a company that is using Google Workspace decides to share a Google Sheets spreadsheet file with one of your employees, in the absence of Essentials, the recipient would need to create a consumer Google account (with our without Gmail) to open and edit that spreadsheet.
3. You hire a new employee who has been using consumer Google products for years and also used Google Workspace at previous jobs. They will be more efficient if they can originate documents, spreadsheets and presentations on the Google platform, even if they save those as Microsoft Office files before sending out to others.
4. While there are many meeting platforms on the market such as Zoom and Teams, you prefer the ease of use of Google Meet and the fact that it is 100% browser-based.
5. You want to build online forms and capture submissions into a spreadsheet or into a database (using a product like Zapier).
Adding Google Workspace Essentials to your employees’ suite of software can improve collaboration and increase efficiency. If you are looking to host your organization’s email and calendar with Google, consider one of the full versions of Google Workspace.